D. Misuse of Funds        



W&I Code 11351.5

The state regulations require that a referral be made to the District Attorney’s Public Assistance Fraud Division (PAFD) if an Unrelated Adult Male (UAM) refuses to sign the Statement of Cash Aid Mother and Unrelated Adult Male (form CW71).


Referrals to District Attorney

Referrals should be made to the District Attorney for potential misuse of funds if the following persons are needy but are ineligible or refuse to apply for public assistance:

· A stepparent and his/her spouse and child(ren), or

· An adult child or children and his/her legal dependents, or

· A UAM’s income is not at least equal to an independent living arrangement (ILA).